State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago White Sox, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- Jose Abreu hit a two-run homer to continue his hot streak
- The new naming rights deal with Guaranteed Rate doesn’t give the Sox any more money.
- The Sox are out of the playoff race, but that doesn’t mean their September games aren’t meaningful.
- The Sox may not have much interest in moving Chris Sale or Jose Quintana is offseason if the motto continues to be “win now”.
- But there are plenty of other moves the Sox could and should make.
- Chris Sale hasn’t really looked himself on the mound recently, but it’s still working.
- The Sox lost to the Twins 8-5. Game 2 starts tonight at 8:10pm ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 63-70
- Last 10: 4-6
- Games behind division leader: 13.5
- Probability of winning the division: 0.0%
- Probability of winning ALDS: 0.0%
- Probability of winning ALCS: 0.0%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 0.0%