State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- Tommy La Stella has been recalled by the Cubs. Theo Epstein discusses his return:
- The Cubs as a team and numerous Cubs players are on historic paces.
- Miguel Montero’s role on the club may be diminished this season, but he is still very valuable as the Cubs begin to prepare for the playoffs.
- Analyzing why Kyle Hendricks has been so good this year.
- Jason Heyward has not been good this year, but he is not a bust.
- 7 Cubs prospects will play in the Arizona Fall League.
- How to calculate “The Magic Number”.
- The Cubs beat the Pirates 6-5 to sweep the series. Series against the Giants starts tonight at 8:05pm ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 85-47
- Last 10: 7-3
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 60.6%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 32.8%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 18.7%