State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- Rob Zastryzny got his first career win Monday night:
- Examining why the Cubs did not attend Tim Tebow’s workout on Tuesday.
- Theo Epstein reiterates Kyle Schwarber is not coming back this season.
- Weighing potential September callups, including Tommy La Stella coming back.
- If his bullpen session goes well John Lackey should be back Sunday to pitch the final game against the Giants.
- John Lackey is having an underappreciated career year.
- Will Joe Maddon win NL Manager of the Year?
- How will Maddon manage Jason Heyward in the playoffs?
- Cubs notebook.
- The Cubs beat the Pirates 3-0. They look to sweep the series tonight at 8:00pm ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 84-47
- Last 10: 7-3
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 60.2%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 33.7%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.5%