State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Bears’ roster is now down to 75:
- The Bears were awarded ex-Browns CB K’Waun Williams on waivers.
- What other veterans might the Bears target on waivers?
- John Fox expects Kyle Long back next week.
- Fox also likes the look of the young Bears.
- The Bears still have until Saturday to make a final decision, but Pernell McPhee may start the season on the PUP list.
- What can analytics tell us about the Bears so far this preseason?
- Rival team executives give their impressions on the Bears so far.
- Very good story by Dan Pompeii on ex-Bears QB Erik Kramer.
- Bears notes.
- Zach Miller remains positive about the regular season: