State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs Sunday night but they traveled home in style:
- The Cubs remain at #1 on ESPN’s MLB Power Rankings.
- Kris Bryant has only been strengthening his MVP credentials and is all over NL and MLB leaderboards.
- And he would be an unique MVP.
- Addison Russell’s breakout is making the Cubs even more fearsome to opponents heading into the playoffs.
- Could the Cubs use a 6-man rotation once the playoffs start?
- Or will Maddon shorten the rotation?
- The Cubs may be favorites heading into the playoffs but Theo Epstein isn’t getting ahead of himself.
- The Cubs beat the Pirates 8-7 in an extra inning thriller. The series continues tonight at 8:05pm ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 83-47
- Last 10: 6-4
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 99.9%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 60.1%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 34.0%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.3%