State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago White Sox, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- Will this be a busy offseason for the White Sox?
- They have leverage if they choose to rebuild.
- Should the Sox bring back Robin Ventura?
- The founder and CEO of Guaranteed Rate, the new White Sox field naming rights holder, expected and welcomes the backlash.
- Continued lack of on-field success portended front office strife.
- Why Jose Abreu’s hot streak is good and bad.
- The Sox traded C Dioner Navarro to the Blue jays for minor league LHP Colton Turner.
- The Sox lost 3-1 last night against the Mariners. The series finishes up this afternoon at 2:10pm ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 61-66
- Last 10: 5-5
- Games behind division leader: 12
- Probability of winning the division: 0.0%
- Probability of winning ALDS: 0.0%
- Probability of winning ALCS: 0.0%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 0.0%