State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the day:
- Rizzo vs. Bryant for NL MVP.
- Checking in on the Cubs on their off-day.
- Breaking down the 2016 Cubs inning-by-inning.
- With the division all but wrapped up the Cubs should be preparing for the postseason.
- How Willson Contreras helps Kyle Hendricks have fun on the way to the best ERA in MLB.
- Impressions other Cubs have of Aroldis Chapman.
- Cubs were off yesterday. They start their series against the Dodgers tonight at 10:10pm ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 81-45
- Last 10: 8-2
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 60.8%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 33.8%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.0%