State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the day:
- The Cubs are the first team to 80 wins this season. Here are some other notable Cubs 80s.
- Investigating Kris Bryant’s swing and how it has lead to his great success.
- Is Kyle Hendricks now the Cubs’ best pitcher?
- Will benching revitalize Jason Heyward?
- Cubs notebook.
- Cubs won 6-3 to complete sweep of the Padres. They begin a series against the Dodgers on Friday at 10:10pm ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 81-45
- Last 10: 8-2
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 59.8%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 33.6%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 18.7%