State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own individual update.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the day:
- Is the spate of recent Cubs injuries a concern?
- Addison Russell has already been a historically good shortstop given his age, but recently he’s been even better.
- Joe Maddon gives some clues about players who may be called up in September.
- Dexter Fowler is enjoying the best years of his career, and it’s a boon for the Cubs.
- MLB released their official postseason schedule. Time to start making plans Cub fans.
- Despite a shaky 9th, Cubs win 5-3 over the Padres. Final game of the series is this afternoon at 3:40 ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 80-45
- Last 10: 7-3
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 99.9%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 60.3%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 34.1%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.0%