State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own individual update.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, and performance updates will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the day:
- Is Jason Heyward finally getting on track?
- Cubs TV ratings are up.
- Home-grown pitching help may be coming.
- Anthony Rizzo should win a Gold Glove.
- Cubs beat the Padres 5-1 last night and the series continues tonight at 10:10 ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 79-45
- Last 10: 6-4
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 99.9%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 51.8%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 33.2%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 18.3%